MTNL (Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Limited) is an Indian Government owned telephone service provider in the cities of Mumbai, Thane, New Delhi and Navi Mumbai in India. The company provides broadband services under the brand name 'Triband'.
Main Features of the Broadband/ ADSL Service
- High speed data download for Broadband Internet data speed starts from 256 kbps to 2 Mbps
- Simultaneous availability of Phone and Internet on the existing Telephone line ”Always on Internet”.
- No call charges for Internet access.
- ‘High on Value Low on Cost’ Service
- 24 Hours Help line and Technical support on phone.
- Easy registration on phone and web.
- Telephone will continue to work even in case of power failure at subscribers end.
- ‘Use now and pay later’ in telephone bill. It provides a means to bill based on Volume of data downloaded.
- It will provide Multicast Video Services, Video-on-demand etc in future
- Can share Broadband connection to create own LAN network i.e. more than one PC can be connected.
What is required
- 'MTNL Landline Connection' - Having an MTNL landline connection is a must, before applying for MTNL Triband. In case you don't have a landline connection, then apply for it first.
- A PC, with following minimum recommended hardware - 128 MB RAM, 500 MB free space on Hard Disk, USB port for ADSL Modem/Router or LAN card for ADSL Router and CD ROM drive.
- ADSL Modem/Router, which can either be rented from MTNL,or can be bought from the market. Compatible CPEs may be ascertained from MTNL Call Centre - 1500.
- List of ADSL2+ CPE Compatible Vendors
1. D Link 502 T
2. Comtrend CT-564
3. Westell A -90-630199-07
4. Zyxel Prestige 660 H -61
5. Erricsson HM410
7. Surecom EP-4704SX
MTNL shall not be responsible for any complications arising from non compatibility of the CPE Software & Hardware procured from market. Any parallel wiring other than one telephone in the Broadband/ADSL line would lead to reduced download speed & frequent disconnection.
Tools for MTNL Triband